THERE have already been five lucky winners gaining free entry to the much anticipated 2017 Australian Veteran Golfers Union (AVGU) National Championship on the Gold Coast but there are still lots of other reasons to sign up.
Not the least of which, and closing shortly, is a special offer from organisers that will save you $100 if you submit your entry to the week long golfing extravaganza before December 10.
The saving comes in the form of a $50 discount off the tournament package (pay just $495) plus a $50 Broadbeach restaurant voucher.
The package is already a great deal and includes many extras golfers participating in the national championship in past years have paid extra for, including carts at all courses.
The AVGU National Championship is an annual event that rotates around the states and territories. It is open to male golfers 55 and over and their partners.
In 2017 it will be held from October 15 – 20 at three top Gold Coast golf courses in Aussie PGA venue RACV Royal Pines (pictured above), The Glades and Palm Meadows. There will also be at 4BBB stableford event on the Monday at Parkwood International or Emerald Lakes.
Organisers have put a big emphasis on fun, socialising and entertainment on and off the course and are introducing a number of innovations. There is also now an amazing $130,000 in golf, hole-in-one and lucky draw prizes available.
Already more than 170 golfers have signed up and 250 more have registered their interest. We’re predicting the event will be a sell-out so it could be a good idea to get in early – especially if you can take advantage of the current promotion.
Some of the latest innovations include:
- State Championship – any State with more than 20 entries is eligible – with a 54 hole aggregate of the best 20 daily stableford scores counting each day (A graders playing stroke – scores will be converted to stableford)
- Interclub event – any club with more than 5 players entered can compete in the Interclub event – the best 5 stableford scores from each club each day with a 54 hole aggregate
- The top 3 clubs with most entries will receive a VIP entry to the Gala Dinner and other special privileges
- Also introducing aged divisions for 54 holes (exact aged divisions to be set)
The five winners of the free entry promotion have been announced and are:
- Dennis Owens – Bunbury, WA
- Clive Meaker – Parkwood, QLD
- Warren Barkle – Maroochy River, QLD
- Ralph Humble – Charlestown, NSW
- Richard Fuller – Byron Bay, NSW
For more information or to get your booking in go to www.gogolfing.net.au/vets
[Australian Senior Golfer is a Media Partner for the 2017 AVGU National Championship]