IT WILL again be a very Adam Scott kind of summer in 2014 with the current world No.2 now confirmed for all three big events of the Australian golfing summer.
His attendance at the Australian Open in Sydney was known last week but it was today officially announced he would also be defending his titles at the Australian Masters in Melbourne and the Australian PGA Championship on the Gold Coast.
Scott will again be attempting to be the first golfer since Robert Allenby to claim the Aussie grand slam after narrowly missing out last year when Rory McIlroy beat him on the final hole of the Australian Open at Royal Sydney.
Scott will begin his Aussie tour at the Metropolitan Golf Club in Melbourne from November 20-23 when he attempts to make history as the first player to win the Australian Masters three years in succession.
“To win a hat-trick of events is something I haven’t done before and would be right up there in my career achievements, especially to do it in Melbourne at the Masters,” the 34 year old former US Masters Champion said.
“The Metropolitan Golf Club is a fantastic course and I am looking forward to playing a tournament there for the first time.”
He will then move on to the Australian Open the following week at the Australian Golf Club (November 27 – 30) where he will again battle McIlroy (and Jason Day) for the Stonehaven Cup.
Then there is a week off before he returns to defend his Australian PGA Championship title at the RACV Royal Pines Resort from December 11 – 14.
That was the scene of his triumphant return home last year after becoming the first Australian to win the US Masters.
“Whenever you’re defending you always want to return and relive all those good experiences from the previous years but particularly when you’re returning home to Australia and also the Gold Coast which is my home,” said Scott from the United States.
“It was an amazing week last year coming home and playing in front of everyone, so many friends and family out there but the support was great and I’m really looking forward to coming back this year.”
Scott said he was particularly looking forward to seeing the re-vamped RACV Royal Pines layout which, by the time of the tournament, will have undergone significant re-modelling and re-shaping on the front nine.