The 2010 Australian Veteran Golfers National Championship will be played in the beautiful Port Macquarie Hastings region on the Mid North Coast of NSW.
The event will be held from November 7 to 12 at three courses organisers boast the CSIRO says are in an area with the best climatic conditions in Australia.
The tree courses, Port Macquarie Golf Club, Camden Haven Golf Club and Wauchope Country Club, are located within a region that is a tourist Mecca offering pristine beaches, a lush hinterland, vast national parks and many local attractions.
The national championship, conducted under the auspices of the Australian Veteran Golfers Union, rotates state by state each year and has been growing in popularity annually.
The tournament in Cairns in 2009 was a big success and with the large veteran golfer community in NSW already strongly established, the Port Macquarie event is highly likely to be a sell out – and likely to do so quite quickly.
The tournament includes a 54 Hole Stroke Championship in three grades for men and a 54 hole stableford event for women in two divisions.
There are also single competitions conducted as part of the events and a Medley fourball stableford on the Monday.
The week begins with registration and a welcome function on the Sunday and concludes with the final rounds and a Presentation and Farewell Dinner at the Westport Club on the Friday evening.
Organisers say highlights of the 2010 Championships include
- Lady golfers and their playing male golfing partners will always play on the same course at the same time
- To maximise limited hire cart and buggy availability there will be morning and afternoon shotgun starts
- The three courses are only 30 minutes apart by road
- The program for ladies includes a 54 hole event
- Catering facilities will be available on each course during and after play
- Welcome and Presentation Function at the Westport Club are close to the Port Macquarie CBD and in easy reach of the majority of accommodation places
- There are a wide range of accommodation types and venues available
Entry Forms will be available on the NSWVGA website or you can email Tournament Director Neil Beecroft on neilb2008(at)live.com.au