ACCORDING to the latest rankings, five out of the top ten players on the US Tour use Titleist golf balls.
That might give Titleist, who have just released their new Pro V1 model 2009 range, something to crow about.
But then again, not one of the world’s top three golfers use them. So there is a choice out there.
The chief stand out is of course a man named Tiger Woods, who you can’t have missed using Nike One Platinum balls.
Apart from Titleist, Srixon is the only other manufacturer with more than one entry.
The full list, using the March 1 player rankings is:
1. Tiger Woods (US): Nike One Platinum
2. Sergio Garcia (Spain): TaylorMade TP Red
3. Crazy Phil Mickelson (US): Callaway Tour ix
4. Geoff Ogilvy (Australia): Titleist Pro V1
5. Padraig Harrington (Ireland): Titleist Pro V1x
6. Vijay Singh (Fiji): Srixon Z-Star X
7. Henrik Stenson (Sweden): Srixon Z-Star X
8. Robert Karlsson (Sweden): Pro V1x
9. Camilo Villegas (Colombia): Pro V1
10. Kenny Perry (US) Pro V1x
What is your favourite golf ball and why? Join the new ASG Forums